Friday, June 17, 2011

A.S.S - Avocado Sandwich Series!

It is rare that I put together a sandwich for myself, mainly because the bread is such a crucial structure, not being able to finish a whole loaf before it goes bad is often not worth the purchase. But on a special occasion that I come across fantastic fresh bread, and the weather has to be just right for a room temperature meal, I desire a well put together sandwich. Usually I get carried away with piling ingredients, that the top slice of bread gets nipped- resulting in these open face sandwiches. Although not a vegetarian, I've cut meat significantly from my diet, thus more difficult to create a full-bodied combination. Ingredients for these Avocado Sandwich Series didn't vary  much since it was all within the same week. These were all constructed at the office, I pack the components in a container the night before and wrap the bread separately. This method saves time in the morning and bread is never soggy when I'm ready to eat. To keep cut avocado from turning brown for next day use, squirt some lemon juice over and air seal with plastic wrap.


Fresh seven-grain bread (Old Poland Bakery- 190 Nassau Ave + Humboldt) toasted with butter, avocado, lemon drizzle, left-over steamed salmon, alfalfa sprouts, topped off with sautéed onion & mushroom in balsamic vinegar.

Bread toasted with butter, avocado, pesto, tomato slices and alfalfa sprout.



On garlic hummus is sautéed onion + mushroom in balsamic vinegar, topped off with grape tomatoes. Other half is just avocado on buttered bread with lime juice.


Breakfast inspired: Scramble eggs with fresh picked basil, topped with avocado over naan bread from Trader Joe's, then drizzle on soy sauce to bring out the sweetness of avocados. Very yum and filling. Feel free to share any of your favorite sandwich combos with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment