Monday, June 13, 2011

Reupholstered

This was on my list of projects-to-do for a while, materials/tool gathering and timing all came together this weekend, so I set out to tackle it. The turnout was more rewarding than I had expected!

It started out with used outdoor furniture given to me by my mother's friend, the bottom of the chair legs were slightly rusted, original chair cushions were grey velvet corduroy, and murky from five years of wear in my apt plus unknown amount of outdoor time before then.
VoilĂ ! They even match my paintings in the kitchen.

4 comments:

  1. OOOH, these are so cute!! i claim them now if you ever give them up in a swap (which is highly unlikely considering how beautiful they are!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric - they totally match your paintings! Was that on purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was not on purpose, but I'm sure my subconscious made a mental note to match my yellow walls when picking out the fabric. Plus, I just have an eye for these things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so freaking cute. :) nice work!

    its dara by the way

    ReplyDelete